Saturday, September 20, 2014

Hummus and Veggies



I find that I struggle to get enough veggies in my diet.  I have grown to love hummus and enjoy munching away on bagel or pita chips with a good hummus.  Lately, I have been substituting carrots, peppers, and sugar-snap peas for the chips while dipping into my favorite hummus.  Equally delicious and a great way to get another serving or two of veggies into your day.

As a side note, I noticed that my favorite hummus is made with canola oil.  I have strong feelings about eliminating canola from our diet.  While poking around the internet for a picture of hummus and veggies, I found this great picture and recipe for home-made hummus which is made with extra-virgin olive oil.  I will definitely be trying this recipe out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment